COPERNICUS MARINE SERVICE TRAINING WORKSHOP FOR THE BLACK SEA REGION
Mercator Ocean International and the National Institute for Marine Research and Development “Grigore Antipa”, organize on June 26-27 2019 in Constanta, Romania, a Regional Copernicus Marine Service Training Workshop dedicated to the Black Sea region.
YOUR TRAINING WORKSHOP
Training workshops are designed to train existing Copernicus Marine Service users and also gain new users. The audience will learn about the use of the Copernicus Marine Service products and services and their possible applications, by gaining knowledge during plenary and practical training sessions. The audience will also be able to share its experience and express needs and requirements for new products to be included in the Copernicus Marine Service portfolio in the future.
Objectives of the workshop are to:
- introduce the Copernicus Marine Service and its catalogue of products,
- train the audience on the use of the Copernicus Marine Service products and services and their possible applications,
- assess potential users’ experience/needs/priorities in terms of marine data and information with regards to the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service,
- put in practice some of the existing examples and known solutions within marine hands-on technical sessions.
PROGRAM & SCHEDULE
|Day 1 : Wednesday 26 June 2019 (Full Day)
||09:00 – 12:00
13:30 – 17:30
|Day 2 : Thursday 27 June 2019 (Morning)
||09:00 – 12:00||Practical sessions|
During the practical sessions, the following topics will be covered:
- Training for non-experienced users: From Registration to Data Download
And according to the needs expressed from questionnaire below:
- Black Sea Model Products (ocean currents, sea level, waves, chloropyll-a): Practical Exercises
- Satellite Ocean Colour products : Practical Exercises
- Satellite Wave Products: Practical Exercises
- Satellite Sea Level Products: Practical Exercises
- In Situ Products: Practical Exercises
Note: For the practical session, attendees will have to bring their own computer. Moreover, in order to minimize problem due to heterogeneous equipment between attendees, most of practical sessions will run on a virtual machine to be installed by each attendee on their own computer. The virtual machine will be provided 15 days before the event by Mercator Ocean.
(Last Updated On: May 21, 2019)